Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Real Friend

Definitions of friend on the Web:
a person you know well and regard with affection and trust; "he was my best friend at the university"

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.

1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.

These are just a few definitions I found of a friend.
"a person you know well and regard with affection and trust;"
"a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile"

I have been fortunate enough to have a best friend since the 5th grade who fits every definition and then some. She is an amazing Christian woman with a heart for God and her family. The past few years have kept us farther from each other and I still love her the same after all these years. I get excited sometimes when I think about getting to spend eternity with her.

Ashlee is a friend I have become close to over the past few months. We think alot alike and have many things in common. We both want to change the past and become more Christ like.

These two ladies have helped me realize that friends shouldn't be a burden. Friends know we have faults and love us anyway because they too know they have faults. I love how Mike Smith put it that "friends are God's way of apologizing for family".

Friends are not people who wear you out and drain you everytime you are around them. Friends bear each other's burden. Friends know you have their best interest at heart. Friends aren't selfish and they try to put others first. My friends are an earthly version of Jesus.

I can only pray that I can be that kind of friend. I have to learn that you don't need a bunch of friends. Just those few who really know you. That is hard for me to find and I try to hold on too long when I get it. I am not doing that anymore.

Just as Paul spoke it..."I thank my God everytime I think of you".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chrissie,
This was heart felt for sure. I agree. This is the meaning of friendship. We shouldn't be a burden. I have many friends, but I have only 1 Chrissie. I have to say that God wants us as Christian women to set the example of true friendship. I have recently learned that in its fullness since going to Milestone church. We are to ADD to one another. I love that have all of these women who are FOR me and FOR what God is doing in me and you're right they love me even through my flaws. But they love me enough to walk through the ugly to get to the beautiful.
I love you Girl. You are an awesome, most beloved influence in my life and I will never let go of it all. I am so glad that even after almost 20 years this year we are still so close. I know most people say that their soul mate is the one the marry, but I believe that you and I were meant to be friends and you are my soul mate. God is good! and I thank HIM for you! You are beautiful!

JMBMOMMY said...

What a great post....wow, friends are God's way of apologizing for family...I have never heard that..but it brought me laughter I needed tonight!!!