Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Don't say 'The N word' around me

The N word
I can't stand if someone uses it out of anger or to friends. Not just because of its meaning but because of the history and there is no way to say it and sound educated at the same time.
I recently read on MySpace (another reason why I deleted my profile) one CHILD talking to another CHILD who had a new baby, "Congrats on the new baby...I love that N!##@.
Seriously? Why do we use words that some would argue are just words. Why can we not find other words? Last time I checked the English language is the hardest to learn because we have so many words to describe one object. Do we feel stronger, tougher or justified?
There are obviously other words that bother me but living in the South, this word is used very often. Heck, I have many family members who used it frequently.
WHat a degrading word and heads up...don't use that word around me!

No comments: