Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Ultimate Sin

I was driving down I-49 and noticed a very big truck pulling a super elegant boat that was candy apple red with white interior. She was beautiful beyond imagaine. I thought about how much fun they must have on the lake with that monster.
As I got closer there was writing on the back that I eventually made out because I do drive faster than most. The Ultimate Sin
Now right away my brain starting thinking of so many things.
-Why that name?
-Do you really know what you are saying?
-Does this person know God

Among all the thoughts I had above I thought about the ultimate sin. We know the Bible tells us all sin is sin because it all seperates us from God. You can cheat on your taxes and someone away from you can lie about the affair he is having--both equally sinful.
The ultimate sin I am taught is to deny Jesus. I didn't quite understand at first but as I grow in Christ I understand it a little more.

To deny Jesus. Does that mean like Peter who denied knowing Jesus after He had been captured and others recognized Peter in the crowd? That's what used to scare me because I can't tell you how many times in my life I should have stood for Jesus and didn't because of complete selfishness.

I now know the ultimate sin is to be presented with the opportunity to have Jesus in your life and you refuse to accept that He died on the cross for your sins, died and rose again...only to come back one day.
That brings on other questions. What if I did that early in my life and changed my mind? Is it too late? I think no. God knew me before my mom did. He knew how much He would have to struggle with a knuckle head like me and He knew one day I would finally get it.
I pray now for those who have denied Jesus and that their hearts will be open to the best Father ever.

No comments: