Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Daddy...our hero



I am a small and precious child; my dad's been sent to fight. The only place i'll see his face is in my dreams at night.


He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track. I may be sad, but I am proud. My daddy's got your back.


I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go. These are times i'm terrified in a way most will never know.


I bite my lip and force a smile, as I watch him pack. My heart may break, but I am proud. My husband's got your back.


I am a caring mother, my son has gone to war. My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before. Every day I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.


I may be scared, but I am proud. My son has got your back.


I am a soldier serving proudly, standing tall. I fight for freedom, yours and mine, by answering this call. I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks.


Please say a prayer that i'll come home. It's me that's got your back.
I love you Neal Raybon Purcell. Remember, Andrew will be looking at the same moon as you and we will be praying for you every day.
When I think of how proud I am to share with our boys what their daddy is doing and how lucky they are to have you...my heart melts.
Keep your heart close to God and give Him all of yourself. He will guide your way and He promises that if we ask for wisdom He WILL provide. Seek Him in all you do and He will keep your paths stright.

No comments: