Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

When will I learn??!!

Today turned out great. Most Sundays I take the boys to Meme's to let them run around, acting crazy and get stuffed with Pop tarts and chocolate milk. Today was no different.

She called this morning and told me I looked way to stressed yesterday and to give her the boys and do something alone. Sounded good but what in the world do I do alone? I polled some of my mentors at church and they all had great ideas. It was obvious they were remembering back to the days when their kids were young and what they missed most.

My problem is I really don't like to be alone. I know...I know. That sounds strange coming from me and you do know me. It is very true though. I feel akward and out of place.

I decided on dinner and a movie. I went to Joe's and they sat me in the bar because I was alone. Nothing to look at but some baseball game. The good part was the breaks the servers took in between to dance. Also, because the server had to only wait on my order because I was Purcell Party of One, the food came out super fast and I was done in no time.

Okay, now what? I decided to go to a movie.

If I haven't said this before I was AWFUL at quessing in school when I had a 50/50 shot at a test question. I almost always chose the wrong answer.

I was going to see Night at the Museum but went to see Land of the Lost. I used to love that show back in the day and thought it would be great. Man! I was so wrong. I don't really understand why ugly words and sexual content has to be used for someone to think a movie wouldn't be good without it. I left it early and was going to walk around the Boardwalk but the sun was so bad, it forced me in to my favorite stores!

I was then able to go to Wal-mart without two little ones fighting, crying, having to go to the bathroom or wanting everything at eye level.

My favorite part of the whole afternoon was my vanilla cone from Sonic on the drive back to Meme's. My boys had a great time swimming and were napping when I came back.

She was right. I didn't realize how stressed out I was and I was able to enjoy my energetic little boys who were just as excited to see mom.

UPDATE--I have a new best part about today. As I was typing this, Neal called in and got Skype fixed. We were able to see daddy and the boys were SO impressed and talking to daddy while looking at him (and themselves) on video.

God cares about the little things. Me being stressed, my boys getting Meme time, Neal getting to see the boys. How can a Father who can calm the seas with words love me so much to calm my heart? All I know is...is that He does and I am thankful!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I am so happy you had a good day! Thanks for saving me money with the tip on the movie that i wanted to see :) ! The Skype thing is awesome...glad yall have that...it will help some i bet!

Alone time....I love it... It's hard to come by being a mom!!!!!

JMBMOMMY said...

What a blessing to have someone say...go take some time! :)