Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

My Birthday!

First let me start out praising God for me to be where I am at 30. I can promise you I have a long way to go but further than I dreamed.

I had a great date with my husband last night; eating loads and just visiting.

This morning I was greeted by my cellphone waking up and making all kinds of sounds as friends and family were filling my text, missed calls and Facebook with birthday wishes. A super good lunch with Ashlee followed and then off to Lifeway to find a book to help with Andrew.

**Jamie we got the 1-2-3 book you suggested and I also got "You Can't Make Me" a book on strong-willed kids**

That's when I noticed something. First let me put a disclaimer out there for anyone who may get your feelings hurt or say that I was calling you out...I'm not!! Okay, after 3/4 of the day was over I noticed that my Facebook page was super loaded with awesome friends who had such sweet things to say. I also have a MySpace page. The majority of those on MySpace are people from back in the day; school, friends, etc. Facebook is mostly Christian friends/family from my 5 years at Brookwood. That's when it dawned on me. Having someone say, "Happy Birthday", isn't that super important but I learned very quickly,today, who thinks I am important enough to wish me well. Heck, my own blood sent me text messages.

This was more affirmation of the awesome gifts God gives us that:
1. We don't deserve
2. Take for granted
3. We get for faithfulness

Am I saying those on MySpace are bad? Absolutely not. I have a life-long friend of twenty-five years there. What I am saying is that the Holy Spirit has brought to my attention how grateful I should be...and I am. I enjoy talking to friends from the past but I couldn't necessary go to them for good Christian advice. I haven't gone out anywhere with most of them in forever. That is funny in itself because Bro Mark just talked this weekend about rebellion and how when you decide to live for God your body, mind, friends and family may rebel (www.brookwoodbaptist.com). That makes it hard to keep making the wise choices but look what priceless gifts God can give you in return.

I love all of you and when I say I am blessed, it is only because I don't have words that fit what my heart fills.
-C-

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

If anyone is blessed it is me. I am so thankful to have a friend like you! Every day you find a new way to amaze me. That could be with some little thing I see you do or with a story from your past. Every time I talk to you, be it on the phone or in person, I leave/hang up thinking "What an incredible person!" I have laughed more with you than probably anyone in the world except Bill Cosby.
Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your life. I praise God for your life! I had a wonderful time with you this afternoon....Just think it only took me 30 years to get a Chrissie date....Hope it doesn't take 30 more before we have another one! I love you!

Chrissie said...

That is so funny. Bill Cosby is my all-time favorite comedian too.