Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Have you found your heart?

This morning I woke up thinking about this guy...
and this guy...
                                                                  and these babies...

No, it wasn't while I was drinking my morning coffee because you know I don't drink it. These are members of Mbilima Village, high (very high) up on Ruli Mountain.  They have and will produce for you your best tasting coffee from The Well inside Brookwood Baptist Church. 

I was thinking about them and all the hard work they have done before I met them, while I was there, and since I have been gone. A part of me worried a lot about the children and how their days had been.  Now that I have been and seen (Psalm 46:8-9) I don't worry as much.  Why? Was my perspective wrong? Did your lives change? Sort of.  You see now I know that because of Land of a Thousand Hills and Do Good Initiative are around things have changed and things are getting better. I could go on and on about this part but it will be another day or you can go to www.DoGoodInitiative.org to read for yourself.

There are many times we have the rare opportunity to see first-hand poverty that would make the meanest grinch stop and think about how blessed they are to not be in that position. There are many of us who see or hear it from someone else, feel bad and move on. There are also some of us who say, "Why worry about a place far away? Why not worry about our own at home"?

I can assure you...if you have a relationship with Christ, and truly seek to follow His Word, He will send your heart where He needs it most.  I believe He has put some hearts at a local shelter for abused and battered women and children.  I know..I have been there.  You can find hearts in someone's home who fosters children to give them a safe place to feel and be loved. Some hearts are placed in a prison where those around us need to be told they can be forgiven and are worth everything to our Father. I know hearts travel to help those effected by hurricanes, earthquakes, and other disasters. I can also assure you God shipped my heart to Rwanda.  

How do I know? Because I am crying right now as I type because I am so thankful for following God's will for something in my life and it feels GREAT! I'm crying because I can't imagine the pain if I hadn't gone because others questioned why I would even want to go.  I cry because I remember their faces as they laughed and cried with me. I cry because I think of how many Americans think we have it so much better.  We may have the money, but everything else we almost have backwards
When you say you want to have a relationship with Jesus or grow with Him, then do everything possible to make it happen. Don't worry about other friends or family members.  If you follow Him and do as He guides you, you will be able to go find your heart and start living.  I promise you, until you go where God has placed your heart, you will just exist.

No comments: