Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

What a day

For the first time in a long time I spent almost the entire day outside. Shelly, I am a lot like you in that I love outside weather but today probably wasn"t for enjoyment.

I bought a simple 10 foot swimming pool for me and the boys. It started okay except I had already got up early, took Andrew to school, worked out at the gym (legs today) and was playing with Scott and Savannah.

I wanted to do it real quick because I had someone coming to fix the garage door because Neal's gone for 25 days and I can't do it. I couldn't do one part of the pool and decided to put some water in it and stretch it out.

Surprise! It is already time to get Andrew. By the way, I haven't even been able to shower from working out over 2 1/2 hours ago!!! Get Andrew. Take all three to get some food. Garage door guy is waiting on me. Feed kids, deal with garage guy, put them down for a nap, check on him and decide to fight the pool again. Ha ha!! I never turned the water off. The pool is slumped over with water soaking my yard. Turn water off, go inside and eat. Check on garage guy--who is clueless--, switch laundry, decide that I am so mad at the pool I will just pick weeds from the front because I am NOT letting this guy out of my sight. Ha ha again. Holly bush leaves have fallen into the weeds and my hands are bleeding.

Mad because the pool is beating me, I go back to the pool. Kids are awake and want a snack. Garage guy is done and wants an awful amount of money. Change diapers, get kids dressed and talk kids into letting me take a quick shower, go to get some plants to help the front and back.

All kids in backyard and I dig for the next 2 hours. Fight pool some more.

YEAH!! Ashlee comes for Savannah so I get an excuse to come inside. She leaves and we go to the backyard again. Wow! The pool is unlevel but stretched out nicely!

We find worms, throw sticks and dig some more. They get a bath and are now in bed. I don't even think I could take another shower if I could. I am so sore from working out this morning and I want to just chill.

For the first time today I really thought I may not really have it figured out when Neal leaves in May. Whew! the funny part is I plan to paint the extra bedroom Wednesday. I hope I dont burn the house down.

No comments: